Spring is here and FINALLY some new fruits are coming up in grocery stores. I couldn’t resist: I saw some strawberries (produced in France) and I had to buy some, they smell so good! The only problem is that, before May, strawberries don’t have that much taste. Problem solved if you mix them with other fruits in a delicious smoothie! It’s the first time I tried this version and it actually is one of the best smoothies I had 🙂 Tell me what you think…
Recipe: strawberry-banana pink smoothie in a bowl
Ingredients for 1 bowl:
- 8 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 20 cl coconut milk (about 1 cup)
- 1 low fat plain yogurt
- 1 kiwi
- Almond flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Blend together 6 strawberries, the banana, the coconut milk and the yogurt.
- Grill the almond flakes for 5 minutes in the oven until they start browning. Let them cool down outside.
- Slice the two left over strawberries and the kiwi. Remove the middle of the kiwi if it is too hard
- In a bowl, pour the smoothie, add the almonds then the fruit slices and finally the sesame seeds. Enjoy 🙂
Tip n°1: the riper the banana, the better the recipe!
Tip n°2: you can also add muesli! Grill it for 5 minutes for extra taste!
Tip n°3: for the decoration, find this cherry blossom origami tutorial with Notes of Nomads.