It hurts, doesn’t it? That headache you got from last night drinking on Saint Patrick’s day. Your head pounds, your brain feels like it’s shrinking and your stomach is on a strike…
Well fear not, my friend. Because I have the ultimate smoothie for you. It helps with both head and stomachache. And it’s even green to keep on celebrating Saint Patrick’s day (even though you’re literally sick of it). Here is the recipe. Keep on reading afterwards to learn more about the effects of the ingredients.
Recipe: The Saint Patrick’s day hangover green smoothie
Ingredients for one smoothie:
- 3 spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 1 kiwi
- 1 small knob of ginger
- 225 ml apple juice (about 1 cup)
- 225 ml cold green tea (about 1 cup)
- Cut the cucumber, avocado and kiwi in small pieces. Remove the stem from the spinach leaves. Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Blend every ingredients together.
- Bottoms up!
Why these ingredients help?
- Spinach: they help lowering your blood pressure, helping with the headache.
- Avocado: it brings good fat and proteins to nourish you for the morning.
- Cucumber and green tea: they help you get your body re-hydrated and help detoxify it.
- Kiwi and apple juice: they bring vitamins but I mainly added them to keep the smoothie tasty.
- Ginger: it’s a natural anti-inflammatory ingredient. It will help with the stomachache.
Tip n°1: Prepare scrambled eggs on the side. Eggs will help destroy the toxins in your body.
Tip n°2: You can change the ingredients to better meet your taste. But I would recommend not to add citrus fruit: the acidity will upset your stomach.